The church was built in 1934 next to the old Renaissance church of St. Mina designed by the architect Anton Torniov. It is a reduced model of the St. Alexander Nevski Church in Sofia in its architecture.
The Church has impressive architecture, with the two high domes with a large number of window niches. The first dome marks Jesus Christ – the head of the church but both are the inseparable nature of the God-man. The building is decorated with facade cornices and ornaments. It has two floors with a cellar under the whole temple. The interior is covered with frescoes.
The Church actually was the first charity institution in the town – it supported orphans with its own resources, gave them lodging, food, clothing, and it also helped poor families.
The Church is one of the most impressive and representative churches in Bulgaria, an operating temple of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church.